Sep 6, 2010

Welcome to the Blogging World?


Forgive me if this post is rough - I feel old in admitting this, but I can't say that I have ever blogged before. Also, I think "blogged" is a very ugly word. But this is besides the point.
This is the first post of our year documenting life in Macalester College’s Eco House. Before describing life in the house, I would like to give a brief introduction to how Julia, Maars, Meg and myself decided to, as a group, choose this living arrangement.
Julia and I had decided early on in our first year that we wanted to room together as sophomores – when you find someone with whom communication sometimes turns into spitting water at each other, you really can’t pass that up. I can’t speak for Maars and Meg in terms of how juvenile their conversational skills were, but the two of them also had decided they wanted to live together.
There are few options, however, at Macalester for mixed-gender living. Meg, the Environmental Studies major, came to Julia and I about potentially living in the Eco House. Like everyone else on campus, I assumed she misspoke and meant the Veggie Coop, which is located underneath the bleachers in the stadium.
But my being wrong was probably the best thing to ever happen to me. This house has 3 bedrooms, a living/dining room, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a HUGE basement that right now houses unused couches and two guitars. And it’s ours. I will post pictures later, but I don’t know if I can accurately describe how much this place already feels like home for me. It may be the case with my housemates; regardless, I predict a very good year ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment